|Evenflow is looking for a Community Manager|
|Written by Keith Lambert|
|Wednesday, 21 December 2011 09:03|
The Community Manager is the voice of the brand externally and the voice of the consumers internally. The value lies in the community manager serving as a hub and having the ability to personally connect with the consumers, humanizing Evenflo, while providing product performance and consumer perception feedback to appropriate departments internally. This key role will be responsible for ongoing content creation and curation for our online activity for all Evenflo brands on our multiple digital platforms.
Examples of Typical Activities
• Serve as the eyes and ears of our brand acting as if your own reputation depended on it, leveraging the power of social media marketing.
• Build and maintain our content distribution network by way of social media channels.
• Participate on a minute by minute basis in conversations that surround our content and brand, answering comments and serving as a mediator.
• Identify threats and opportunities in user generated content surrounding our brand, providing feedback to appropriate parties.
• Collaborate and problem solve across functional departments (e.g. PI, Quality, Legal) working through brand and content issues.
• Create content for feeds and snippets in various social media sites.
• Develop narratives from within Evenflo to highlight various human-interest elements of our company.
• Schedule and organize groups to gather user generated content.
• Review keyword research results to help plan targeted keyword phrases.
• Participate in social media, as yourself and as a white hat avatar, on our behalf as an ambassador and spokesperson.
• Optimize tags, on our feeds, sharing sites like YouTube/Flickr and search engines through copywriting, creative and keyword optimization and buzz pocket mining (the intersection of key word research and social media).
• Tag and title content, with an understanding of how the word’s chosen impact natural search traffic and rankings via recurrent optimized content.
• Manage and track link building campaigns, coordinated with all facets of our business.
• Create and update daily, weekly, and monthly internal information reports.
• Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media campaigns.
A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent job-related experience) in Marketing, Communications or related field, plus 5-8 years of progressively responsible experience (e.g. advertising, PR, online marketing) and minimum 3 years’ experience in a community manager role. Job-related experience in lieu of degree must provide the employee with knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job.
Required Technical Competencies
• Superior verbal and written communication skills; can produce high quality editorial writing output; able to communicate effectively at all levels
• Social media related experience should include:
o Mapping out and driving a marketing strategy proven by testing and metrics
o Sourcing and managing content development and publishing
o Search engine think including basic keyword research
o Conducting market research and efficiently reporting and using the information/data that was gathered
o Demonstrated creativity and documented immersion in social media
• Proficient with MS Office Suite; possesses basic functional knowledge/experience with HTML/CSS; Mac experience highly desirable
• Net savvy user of social media; strong working knowledge of the social media universe